Sunday 4 December 2016

Mainly Handstitching

Well I am pleased to say my sewing corner remains fairly tidy due to the fact I have been hand stitching this week and doing a bit of knitting.  I had forgotten how much I enjoy a bit of knitting.  I don't normally sit and watch television but for some reason this week I have been watching and knitting at the same time.  Very relaxing and enjoyable and sometimes sitting on my new chair with my feet up.  

Before the buttons were attached
and my new chair and stool before the legs were attached!

Preparations are being made everywhere for the festive season and many stitchers are posting lots of photos of their Christmas makes on the internet.  I must be odd - I think the only Christmas make for me this year is Santa's stocking for our little grandson.  I have finished the hand quilting and have a few sparkly star buttons to put on it and then I will put it all together this week.  

the buttons still need to be sewn in place

This little project has been on my design wall for a wee while - another of Connecting Threads kits.  It should be a table runner however as always plenty of fabric will make it into a little quilt for a charity.  

Rows still to be sewn together

The pattern

I hope you are all starting to think about the festivities and getting all your preparation done ahead of time so you can enjoy the holidays with your family and friends.



No comments: