Sunday 7 October 2018

Secret Sewing

It seems to me I am doing a lot of Secret Sewing at the moment.  Not that I am sewing in secret its just I can't really show you what I am doing as they will be gifts.  However I will try and keep the blog as interesting as possible and in between these secret projects I will try and do something interesting with my time and produce some smaller, speedier projects on the go to keep you interested and keep me sane in-between these rather challenging bigger projects.

I am still making triangles from the Modern Triangle Quilts Book, I am hoping to get a few more of those done this week.  



I have finished two scrappy quilts one is a little linus quilt made up of leftovers from the Chevron Charm quilt.  I had a few Lotta Dots charms left over too many to go in the scrap bucket so I used them up with the little cute animal fabric which has been lying around for a while.  I do like the stars on the backing. I stitched an allover meander in Scarlet Glide thread for the quilting.





The second is made up of leftover strips of varying widths - I made them into rail fence and slab blocks but inevitably I ran out of blues and didn't really want to add another colour.  I asked at my quilt group and Chris came to the rescue with enough blocks for me to complete this quilt. This too was quilted on the frame with a loopy meander this time using Sky Glide Thread.



My extra pieces of batting were beginning to mount up again so I have spent the morning sorting and stitching pieces together to be frugal and a thriftier stitcher.  I now have a much tidier shelf and the pieces of batting have been measured and the sizes have been pinned on to each piece - but what can I do with all those pieces of fleece?  I have had a computer clean up too and updated my list of projects, photos and my journal.  I'm happier now I've got all that done and tidied.  





It is blowing a hoolie outside and the rain is battering on the windows, I am so pleased to be sitting inside and don't have to go out.  It is almost coffee time so I will sign off now, have my coffee and then decide how I will use some more fabrics from my stash to embark on another quick and easy project to spell me while I concentrate hard on the two secret challenges. This is a clue for one of them - and this is the second attempt to try and get it right so hence the need to concentrate hard!!!  



Keep cosy and enjoy your week

No comments: