Saturday 18 October 2014

Donation to Charities

Tuesday at class was exciting - the reveal of our first block of the month for this session from Bunny Hill's Night Before Christmas sampler quilt.  This is what it is supposed to looks like in outline, and as usual mine is not exactly like this, in fact I don't think it's anything like this at all  to be totally honest - but I won't be revealing mine until December 2015 so you will just have to wait to see.  

Mine doesn't look exactly like this wee moosey!

Trials and tribulations, moans and groans, humphs and sighs, but I think we all did exceptionally well, especially as most of us have not attempted appliqué before especially with teeny tiny paws and ears!  We spent a lot of time discussing the different  techniques we had used - there are so many ways to appliqué thank goodness for Youtube and the internet blogs and tutorials.  We had come across a few pitfalls but I think we all enjoyed sharing tips and equipment ideas for the next block.  I am excited to continue with this project it will be a long road to travel and a long time in the making but I'm up for the challenge and it might just become an heirloom - or end up in a box unfinished!

On Thursday some of our members gave a demonstration and display at the local library.  I think it went down well and we had a good turn out of ladies keen to hear what we had to say about patchwork and quilting.  

Display of some of my quilts

I did sell a couple of my quilts the money being sent off to The Linus Project and Marie Curie Cancer Care.  I think our talk sparked some enthusiasm but regrettably our class is full and we cannot accommodate any more stitchers at the moment.

I am pleased to say I have another finish but it's just another exploding block this one is Sweet Memories - I'm getting bored with this now and need to move on.  It is however quick and easy to do and has been a good stash buster. It is fun to see how different layouts change the look of the quilt though.

Oh dear!  this one needs a good press - no outdoor photos today its too windy and rainy

Today I have spent my time sorting.  Sorting and scanning old photos to catalogue, sorting some quilting that wasn't quite right, sorting and updating my computer and backing up my files and sorting my blog.  I have updated My Gallery with the quilts I have finished so far this year. I have completed more than I thought. It's good to see them altogether in one place.

Next week I will be working on my final exploding block quilt (I won't do this block again for a while) together with my next appliqué block (which involves Christmas stockings), and a rather large knitting project I really must get on with.  

Enjoy your week folks.

1 comment:

margaret said...

your applique design looks interesting and such a display of quilts in the library. Enjoyed seeing all your quilts you have made this year and previous yeas in your gallery