Friday 26 December 2014

Merry Christmas to Everyone

'What a wonderful day we had yesterday spending the morning with the newest member of the family and spending the afternoon and evening with the eldest.  Almost 86 years of a difference in ages but both have brought such delight to me.  Of course every one else is important too and each in their own ways have added to a lovely Christmas and filled me full of pride and joy.

I am now able to show you some of the things I have been making over the last few months. I am not going to show them all today but these are just a couple of pieces I made for my Grandson.  Of course the Santa Sack has been made for some time however the last minute name tag was only completed at the beginning of this week!






Inside were a few handmades, a red christmas cardigan knitted in the newborn size, really cute but a little large for him, I may re knit it if his Mum will let me ( I wasn't happy with the pattern).  My pentagon ball was a big success, I used bright colours and patterns (I know babies  don't see colour just yet but the patterns were bold) and of course the jingle made a lovely sound.  



I know the burp/washcloths will come in handy for mopping sticky face and hands.  I made up a changing bag His and Her style for Mummy and Daddy, enclosed in each a changing mat, wipes, muslin and burp cloth which can mutate into a bandana bib there is room too in these little pouches for nappies and a babygro!  Each was made with little significant icons, Mummy's have her favourite elephants and Daddy's has fishes and trees!



These are only a few of my finishes but unfortunately when I look back through my photos I seem to have forgotten to take a record of some in all the rush to get things finished and wrapped up and gone off to recipients. Ho hum!  That's life.

I hope you have all had a lovely Christmas Day and haven't indulged too much.  Now we start to get back to normal routines but today will be a relaxing one I hope for everyone and I for one am hoping to sit down and do a bit of hand stitching of my third block of my Night Before Christmas Quilt for next year!  Enjoy whatever you are planning.  



 

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow you were busy! What s lucky wee boy he is!

margaret said...

so many reallly useful things here for a new baby and the ball I am sure he will love, both looking at whilst still tiny then rolling it about once mobile