Sunday 18 January 2015

No Finishes but Progress


I have been working on a few projects this week.  The main one being a demonstration/tutorial I am giving on Tuesday night at class.  I can't give too much away at the moment but I found this delightful block on a blog I follow and I will give credit where credit is due next week when I show you what we achieve.  I know I was a bit derogative about blogs last week however this lady manages to blog most days and has produced some lovely projects she designs herself, although this block is not one of her own designs.  I asked the class to bring along some 'icy' or 'sunny' scraps of fabrics for Tuesday so I am looking forward to seeing what arrives.  Here are mine


Do you remember the Farmers Wifey Blocks - I made another three this week - I am almost getting to the end of my layer cake so I think although I have only made just over 30 of these little blocks I might just be coming to the end of this project.  When the fabric finishes so will I.  I have fabric for the sashing already so no issues there.


Almost a year ago I said I would make quilts for two little doggies - my heart has a not really been in this project however the tops are done.  Need to get them sandwiched now.



I have also caught up with my BOM and have now completed block number 4 so all is good, I was unhappy I had fallen behind as I was the one who insisted we all try to keep this project moving each month.  This was a quick and easy block no wee moosie or small fiddley pieces, which takes up the time.  I have made a few purchases to help me will my applique - but that's for another day. Generally there is so much in each block and it will be difficult to complete within the time if we don't do a bit each month.  There is a lot in next month's block lots of wee pieces - I might suggest we do it over two months.  I was surprised to learn that one of our ladies is making two each month - this all started because she was not happy with her first block!!!  All I can say is well done!

So you see I have done some sewing this week.  A lot of time has been taken up with the preparation for Tuesday night however I hope the ladies will enjoy something different.

Have a good week and enjoy whatever's on your to do list.



No comments: