Sunday 25 January 2015

Rays of Sunshine and Ice Crystals

 
Last week I mentioned I was doing a little practice for our class.  I always try out before asking others to make something new.  What a lovely block this is and so much fun to make, Lucie Wakefield who lives in Northumberland and blogs at   http://luciethehappyquilter.com  was my inspiration for this one.  I follow her blog regularly and she always seems to be doing something different with lots of projects going on at the same time.  She has time to teach at a local quilt shop and takes in longarm quilting for clients - a busy lady.  The pattern for this quilt block was printed in the January Quiltmaker magazine and called Midnight Snowfall and I thought I would do it with a twist.  Sunny yellow fabrics and icy blues as a variation for my class mates.    It will be interesting to see the group finishes in a couple of weeks time. I have asked everyone to bring along their finishes for the Show and Tell on the first Tuesday of the month.  Here is the process and some of my finished creations.





 

There have been a few comments and discussions on the world of blogging - I am not the only one who has noticed change.  It has been said by a few that it's a pointless task, you never know who's following - especially if you are a no comment blogger - which I must be as I never seem to get any comments.  I think there are settings you can change etc but as you know I am not that technical, and to be honest while I would love to get some feedback I'm afraid I just don't have time to reply to comments I may receive which I would feel obliged to do.  I'll just continue doing what I'm doing and hope there are some people out there who enjoy my ramblings.  I know there are some followers as I can tell from the statistics there are some hits on the pages.  Whether or not these people enjoy what I write or whether they just look as my pictures who knows.  I know of a few good friends who do follow along, in Canada, in Wales and a few much closer to home.  Thank you all for following I hope this makes you smile, and say ooh that's me! I hope you are all well and managing to do a little stitching now and again.

I will continue this week with the Rays of Sunshine - I appear to be producing more of these than the Ice Crystals.  Maybe I would just like to see some sunnier days, there have been enough enough icy snowflakes outside this past week.  I will continue to use up my scraps and smaller pieces of fabrics and I have another two projects in the planning and drifting around in my head.

Have a good week everyone and keep cosy hopefully under a quilt hand stitching, if you haven't tried hand stitching for a while give it a try this week, it's so relaxing!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You must be talking about me.....again! I've finished my ice crystal too. It was fun and easy to do. Having just moved and sorted my sewing room (again!) I can't wait to start a new project. Class outing or not I can sense a visit to my favourite quilt store coming on soon........

Audrey Mackie said...

I was, I was.....Count me in on that visit!