Saturday 30 May 2015

Another Busy One

Whew! What a busy week but all really enjoyable. Suffice to say I have not been at home for a full day all week so the housework has not been done and I have spent most of today catching up with the ironing - where does it all appear from? I'm sure I didn't put that many loads of washing in the machine.

Never mind,  although I have been out during the day I have managed a few evenings sewing and relaxing in front of my sewing machine.  I have sewn together a very quick and easy baby playmat, still to be sandwiched and quilted.

Frogs, Elephants, Monkeys and Nursery Rhymes

At the beginning of the week I completed top number one from the Best of Morris jelly roll using the blue strips, and made a good start to number 2 the pink version.

The Pink Version
 
My new roll of batting arrived and this afternoon I unpacked it


Nice and Neat

And have managed to cut pieces for the Bunting Quilt, the Playmat and the 2 Morris quilts. The first to be sandwiched will be the Bunting Quilt.  A. has been very patient in waiting for me to put this quilt together so this week I will be concentrating on sandwiching and starting the quilting.  This will take a few sessions in front of the machine as it's about 75 x 60ins.  I think I will be keeping the quilting simple on this one and echoing the bunting shapes.

Well that's coffee break over so I will up load this to blogger and then I better go and see what's next on my To Do list.  Have an enjoyable week and hopefully you too will find some time to relax and stitch. 

No comments: