Sunday 19 July 2015

Oh Oh!

A very lazy Sunday morning at home here this week - we all overslept so now playing catch up.  The plans I had in my head for today seem to have gone haywire so I'm just going to have to go with the flow to catch up.  We have all had a busy week and I suppose that's the reason for the lie in.  My Dad is having a bit of renovation work done in his bathroom to make things a bit easier for him so I have been there more than normal this week, however all is looking good and hopefully we will all be back to normal by the middle of the week.

Technology is not my strong point and there have been a few gremlins in the house the last few days.  Problems with Sky and phone lines seemingly not connected - we haven't touched anything and has been what it is for years.  I decided to backup my PC, which normally I do every couple of months to discover I haven't done it for almost a year - aargh.  All done now but I may need to buy a new external hard drive soon.  I know things move on and you can back up to the cloud etc but I'm old fashioned.  I had a lesson last night on music streaming from Techie too - music which we used to listen to as youngsters in our late teens early twenties, even lesser known bands which we used to play on cassette tape? and records! You remember them? All can now be found on Apple Music, we had a good night of memories last night.  I'm going to have fun exploring more today.

Quilting you ask?  that's what this blog is supposed to be about is it not.  I have been working on one of the 'bus quilts'.  Number 2 sandwiched, quilted and bound ready for handstitching.  I'm going to enjoy doing that while listening to music and having a cuppa in between things on my to do list in my head.

Zig Zag Quilting on the Zig Zag Bus Quilt

One of hubby's golfing buddies has a new little granddaughter who arrived on Wednesday so I've been working on a nice fresh pink quilt for her.


The old Favourite diagonal quilting on this one

I really must go and get on - time is slipping away this morning, the cup is empty and that to do list is calling again! 

Have a good week.



No comments: