Saturday 11 July 2015

Two Finishes and an Updated Blog

I have two finishes to show you this week

Circle of Squares

Once again these fabrics were all used from my stash, all bought at different times for different projects and either didn't get used or are left over pieces.  This one has a lovely fleece backing and is quilted using the serpentine stitch on my machine.

The other finish which I am really pleased with is Lace Mountain, I've shown you this before but not sandwiched or quilted.

Lace Mountain

These fabrics were bought from Kim Higgins of Biggar Stitches when she came to talk to our quilting Group.  (Incidentally she opens her doors to the public today in Clydesdale Close, just off the Main Street in Biggar, Good Luck with the new venture Kim!). As you know.........yes yes I've told you before. I'm not a fat quarter gal but there is a time and a place. The Lace Mountain 5 fat quarters plus a solid teal and an Echinacea one all blend together quite nicely in the T Intersection pattern which I found on the Missouri Star Quilt Co website.  And here is the back - two quilts in one!

......and the Back

I used a teal Kona Solid and pieced the leftovers from the fat quarters to make this strippy panel for the back all bound with Kona solid purple.  The quilting was a blast too and a first for me.  The ever increasing spiral all done on my Janome 8900 machine.  I know you shouldn't point out bits you don't like about your quilts so I won't but....... due to time constraints I used Gutermann polyester thread for quilting which I don't and my machine doesn't enjoy so I didn't really like the results. I felt the thread was sitting on top of the fabric and not nicely nestled in the cotton - however 4.5 reels later it's done and as always you learn as you go and I won't do it again.

Oh and I almost forgot - I have updated my pages at the top of my Home page, sorry I have nothing in my Etsy page at the moment  and I can't seem to remove it from the Header I'll need to ask Techie for help,  but I have updated my Just Giving Page, My Gallery and my blurb about my Quilts.  Hope you enjoy the read.

I hope you all have a good week whatever you are planning.

1 comment:

margaret said...

2 good finishes here, especially love the lace mountains some lovely fabric used in this one