Sunday 6 December 2015

Christmas Quilt 2015


I have a few Christmas quilts in my display case which will be brought out of storage and will be decorating the house very soon.  Each year since starting quilting I try and have a Christmas project.  I realised this afternoon I had not made a start, nor had I even thought about this year's quilt.  

I remembered I had bought a few charm packs when I was in Canada this summer when I was already planning ahead for this year's project.  I ordered them online in a sale and I remember thinking when I received them they were not quite what I had hoped for, yes I know that is the problem with online shopping, the results are sometimes not as planned or hoped for. 

Never mind, I rummaged in my baskets and found them.  



I know I had a plan when I bought them involving HST's but not having written said plan down I have absolutely no idea now what it was.  Too many things floating around in my head as usual.  This is not the first time I've done this.  I buy fabrics with patterns and quilts in mind and when I come around to using the fabrics I can't remember what that plan was.  This is what I've done tonight.


I always make notes in my notebook when I make that first cut of fabric for a quilt but I think I also need to make some notes when I buy fabrics too, as I nearly always have pattern in mind when I see a fabric I like.  That may well be my first resolution for next year.

A new plan has been hatched and I have started, I'm not sure if I will get it finished on time but I will give it a try anyway.

I hope you are all safe and have managed to stay out of the wind and rain this week. How awful for all these poor people down in the Borders and Cumbria who appear to have been worst hit by storm Desmond.



No comments: