Sunday 29 November 2015

Mojo is Back!

Well it seems I'm not the only one to have lost my quilty mojo.  Sometimes it's very difficult to get motivated when life is difficult.  Family always comes first but it's so difficult to get the balance just right. Everyone has their times of difficulties to overcome and we all have our different ways of working through them.  K came to the rescue again!  We have both had a difficult few weeks and last Saturday we had a day of therapy. A new, exciting, different for us, project in hand, we set off to Kaleidoscope for some fun.  A day of looking, playing and choosing fabrics.  I needed two sets of backing for projects which had been lying for a long time.  Anyway I digress.  

First stop coffee and scones as usual in Dobbies Garden Centre, yummy!  A trot across the car park to the delights of the fabric shop.  Susan was very welcoming as always and our plan was put into play.   I quickly chose my backing fabrics, a nice batik for the Oakshott Interlocking squares and a Moda Marble wide backing for Toes in the Sand (no it's not finished yet!).

The Two Backing Fabrics

Interlocking Squares - almost done just to finish the binding
Our joint project is a Craftsy Class, one K has had for a while, and desperate to start - I was not convinced - seemed a bit complicated and fiddly but I agreed we should make a start to it and hopefully my uncertainty would be banished.  We choose appropriate fabrics - K gave me that look - not green again?  Ok it was put back.  Choice no 2 was approved! We had a look at the books too and I made a purchase - lots of inspiration here and food for thought for the next project.

The second choice - burnt orange and grey. -  I love crackle fabric

A most enjoyable time and of course lots of encouragement to tackle a new project and blow away the dark clouds looming over us.  Here are some of my purchases.



Lunch at the Tickled Trout rounded off our day.


We agreed to make a start to this new project yesterday.  I cleared my diningroom and turned it into a mini classroom.  What a buzz.  We spent the first 2 hours planning, cutting and chatting.  A quick lunch and then the sewing machines started humming.  We did get a bit bored sewing strips so decided to call it a day and finish them off as homework.  

Progress so far

Hopefully my mojo is back to stay, I really enjoyed my sewing day yesterday and it's so nice to have a buddy to encourage you and push you to get things going.  So if you ever feel in a rut, find a buddy to sew with and embark on something new.  Thanks again K, you are a star!

As time creeps up on us and November is almost gone I hope you are looking forward to the festive season taking time to spend with family and friends and of course finishing off all those crafty Christmas gifts.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm glad the quilty therapy worked (for both of us!) and I hope you've stopped cursing me and all those strips I made you cut out yesterday. He he! It'll all start to look fab shortly and be well worth the effort. (((Kx)))