Sunday 20 March 2016

The Jury is Still Out

........... on the little quilts. I took them along to the class for the ladies to compare - I'm not sure if I would be able tell the difference myself if I hadn't made them.  






We are comparing Warm and Natural with Vilene 80/20. Thicker, softer, lighter, couldn't tell .......were some of the comments.  They will be laundered this week and then we will see and compare once again. Then after that there may be some hand quilting and more comparing.

I haven't done very much this week, unfortunately a tweaked muscle in my side has hampered all the things I had planned but I can only rest and hopefully it will be better soon.  I am not a good patient and hate sitting around. I'm not really able to sit at my machine for any length of time so short sessions are all I can manage meantime.  Unfortunately I don't have a hand sewing project at the ready - any I could be doing requires a bit of preparation first.  My main pastime has been knitting an Easter Aran cardigan for our wee grandson and reading.  I discovered I had some catch up to do on my Missouri Star Block magazines. The second Mod Block magazine has just been issued so I'm looking forward to downloading that one.



A gloriously sunny day yesterday and today has brought a feeding frenzy to our garden bird feeders with the blackbirds enjoying the apples we put out for them.  It's so nice to sit and watch their antics - discovering indeed what pecking order really means.  A pair of bramblings have been spotted, beautiful wee birds in their bright plumage which are not a common sighting in the garden.  The little wren was hopping around on the blue conifer and a pair of robins were pecking around in the bark under the shrubs looking for nesting materials. Spring has sprung!!

We may even get to sit in our summerhouse soon - Hubby decided he could no longer sit surrounded by the garden furniture, bay tree, bird seed, and plant pots which have all been stored there over the winter.  It has now been all swept out, the cobwebs dusted down and is looking much better.  All I need to do is give the windows a wash and tidy the shelves and our little seating area is ready for use - roll on the warmer days when we can enjoy some quiet time sitting there drinking our coffee and hand stitching.

1 comment:

margaret said...

will be interesting to read what thoughts were shared re the different wadding. What pus me off the new vylene is that it says it has to be washed prior to using.
Trust the back is getting better such a shame it is stopping you from the machine but better to not machine and hopefully recovery will be quicker