Saturday 16 April 2016

Halfway Through April Already

What a strange day - the sun is shining we have blue skies, but it's very cold, we have had a shower of rain, then some sprinkles of snow and now there's been hailstones.  I wish it would just get a little warmer.

I've had another busy week doing things for family so no great progress with sewing.  All I have managed is a few more strips of the new wave project and that's about all. 

Elizabeth Hartman's New Wave Pattern

Oh and I suppose I could count cutting and piecing some blocks for another charity quilt which I worked on at our class on Tuesday.  

A Connecting Threads Sale Kit

I have also done a little preparation for some handstitching and made a small A4 quilt sandwich for some freemotion practise at class this week.

Hexis and Embriodery

Following the trend of last week I had my Molly Mop hat on and also spent a day babysitting our little grandson who was pleased (I think) with his new Aran jacket with all the buttons in place!  I can't believe he's 16months old already and enjoying playing outdoors and watching all our birds in the garden.

Waving to the birds on the feeders

I have some wool left over from his cardigan so have decided to knit a hat rather than have yet more bits lying around.  It's been much easier this week to pick up my knitting which requires no real concentration than trying to concentrate on my quilting.

To clarify a question I received re the difference between the two battings I used in the little quilts - I did not and have never prewashed any batting, nor do I prewash my fabrics!

I hope you have all had a more productive sewing week than I've had.   

1 comment:

Karen said...

Really liking the wave quilt.....and the wee ones birds wave! I'm still fluffing and stuffing, not birds, just my monster quilt.......could be at it for some time but as the quilting is going to be quite prominent I'd better take my time................