Sunday 1 May 2016

AWOL Again

This might just explain why...........

                                      

4 fab friends sunning ourselves in the Canary Islands while our other halves played golf. this lovely villa was situated right on the edge of the golf course and had stunning views over the lovely little village below.  Clear blue skies, mid 20s in the sun, lying by the pool, great company and fabulous food.  Do you blame me for not blogging?

Sadly that all came to an abrupt end on Thursday evening when we returned home after a wonderful week in the sun, to -2 degrees and a blizzard which accumulated to 2 inches of snowfall overnight!  What a shock to the system.  Fortunately it disappeared very quickly but it's still so cold.

No sewing other than a few stitches in a redwork stitchery I took on holiday, just in case I was bored......no I wasn't bored or fed up who could be when the sun is shining for 12 hours a day? I just wanted to be able to say I had done a bit of sewing.

Hopefully this week I will get back into the swing of things and now my machine has had a rest too she should be stitching a few things on my list.....I have two baby quilts to make by the end of July, I have my circle quilt to sandwich and quilt and I have at lease two others waiting to be sandwiched.  So no shortage of things to do.

I hope you are all enjoying the first of the May holiday weekends.  Perhaps some of you managed to the Knitting and Stitching Show in Edinburgh.  Sadly I didn't make it this time but hope it will return in the future if the footfall was good enough to satisfy the vendors.  

Have a good week - hopefully the temperatures will rise a little and get a wee bit warmer soon.

No comments: