Thursday 23 June 2016

PHEW!

Sometimes you just need a day of doing things just for you.  I seem to  have been busy doing things for other people recently and sometime you just snap. Well I did!  Poor Techie got my angst last night when he was only trying to help with dinner.  I promise I will make it up to him!  Tiredness can creep up on you even when you don't think you are tired, when you are on a roll and busy every minute you just keep going until something just gives.  I think the subconscious also plays nasty tricks.  Then you find yourself in need of some 'Me' time.  I could be doing all sorts of  housework today, I could take myself off for some retail therapy or a visit to a fabric shop but..........I just can't be bothered!  What an awful admission to make and a very public one at that.

So I can't just sit and stare into space, so what have I been doing?  Lazy breakfast, browse on the internet, a little tidy in the kitchen.......hmm put the kettle on another cup of calming camomile and lemongrass tea.  Put some music on and lift one of the baby quilts to bury the quilting threads - a very pleasant half hour spent and the pink baby quilt is now finished.  What's more the sun is now shining so I gathered up two more quilts needing labels and headed out into the summerhouse to sew in the sunshine.

Our Charity of choice at our quilt group this year is PHEW.  This is another one close to my heart as this local organisation gives respite for young adults and teenagers with learning difficulties.  My nephew has been attending for a few years in order to give my brother a very well earned spot of 'Me' time now and again.  The ladies have been working hard on these quilts since the beginning of the year and I am hopeful we will have about 20 to hand over to the lady from PHEW next Tuesday evening when she come to collect them to distribute them to the teenagers who attend PHEW.

So here I am sitting at my computer and one thing led to another. I decided to update the gallery page of my blog.  Well I haven't actually done that yet as instead I just started typing this.  Which certainly has made me feel a bit better thumping away at the keyboard and getting by guilty feelings out of my system.  Maybe I will tackle the Gallery Page after lunch........or if the sun is still shining it maybe after dinner.......or the weekend!

The plan is to add a couple more photos and annotate the ones already there to let you know where and to which good causes my quilts have all gone.  It is almost three years since I started blogging and it was for a reason, as you will read on the sidebar. (oops I need to update that too - as I am now a Grannie and he is already 18months old)  Sometimes the posts are a bit erratic and don't appear when they should but in writing these pages it helps me in my quilting and healing when things get a bit tough.  Usually when writing a post some new idea pops into my head or a good thought or a memory.  So bear with me when I get bogged down or you appear to have heard it all before.  

Its lunch time now so I will leave you while I ponder what I will make for myself to feed my rumbling tummy.  Hopefully I will return later today or it might be at the weekend to update the gallery.  Thank you for following my ramblings.

No comments: