Sunday 18 September 2016

Back Home

We left snow topped mountains behind last Sunday and I can't believe we have been home almost a week already.  


Jet lag has been awful, early morning, 3.30am forays to the kitchen for tea and toast and woozy head in the mornings.  I would like to say I am feeling a bit better but it lingers and it can hit you when least expecting it.  I am however managing a full nights sleep now.  

It's been a busy week catching up with all the family, we had a little visitor yesterday which was lovely and enjoyed some time in the garden in the sunshine.  It's amazing how quickly little ones grow and this little boy is no exception - we saw quite a difference in only 3 weeks away.  He is copying everything and is very chatty.  

                                   
       

Techie has taken the first step on the property ladder and has got the keys for his house.  It's exciting times as our lives will change once more.  Today Techie and I are off shopping for curtains and soft furnishings for the new house.  It's always fun to help spend other people's money and good to spend time with him to help him set up in his new home.

There has been no machine sewing this week but I did manage another hexi the red one is now sew together.  



My machine is sitting patiently waiting for me to summon up the time and energy to move on to the next step of my bright rainbow quilt, but first I need to get it up on the design wall to see the placement of colours.  I bought a 'roadway' panel for S for his cars when I was on holiday.  I need to decide whether this is going to be a hand stitching project which was the plan when it bought it but......... that may take me too long to do.  I think he is ready to start playing with it soon.   I also have a couple of WIP to finish,  if you remember I pieced two tops just before I went off on holiday This Way and That way.  They will need to be sandwiched up and quilted too. 

Next week looks as though it's going to be busy.  I must get my hair cut, all of a sudden I can't do a thing with it and every day seems to be a bad hair day,  I am looking after our grandson for a couple of days to allow Mummy to do her field work while Daddy is off with his pupils on an outward bound activity week.  Grannie and S will have fun and have some adventures on our own hopefully.  I'll take my hexi project with me and perhaps do some stitching if, and it's probably a big if, he has a nap.  

At the end of the week I'm off to the Quilt Show at Ingliston.  K has submitted an entry - she has entered one of her stunning quilts and I am looking forward to seeing it hanging and being admired with all the others on show.  Her quilt is one of Jinny Beyers designs and has been expertly executed with mitred borders and beautiful hand quilting.  Oh, and the colours are gorgeous!  Look out for it if you go along to the show, Good Luck K!

I am not short of things to do, so what will you be working on this week?  Whatever you decide to do enjoy the process, relax and have fun, it's good to see things growing and evolving.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thanks Aud. I'm excited to see it hanging up too. Kx