Sunday 23 October 2016

Hubble Bubble



It's that time of year, season of mellow fruitfulness, beautiful autumn colours and making hedgerow jams, jellies and preserves.  Plum jam was the first at the end of last month then Rowan and Apple jelly last week and this is the second batch of plum jam yesterday, and before the jelly pan was returned to the back of the utility room cupboard hubby decided to have a try at quince and apple jelly, quinces bought at the local market and crab apples from his Mum's trees.  Store cupboard full!



It's a quieter house now without Techie and he is settling into his new home and getting everything put in its own space.  We have being trying to do the same - slowly tidying and rearranging rooms, doing a bit of decluttering as we go along.  This is not a quick fix and it could take a   l  o  n  g     while.

I have managed a few evenings sewing this week and on Tuesday at class T gave a tutorial on how to do a folded log cabin block.  This made for an enjoyable evening with all the equipment in use and the sewing machines humming.  I used some autumn colours with cream all found in my scrap bucket.  I continued with the block and decided I will make three others to join together and perhaps make a cushion cover.







The binding has been stitched down on That Way but the label is still to go on.  I like how this one has turned out its so bright and cheery.



I have no plans for this week other than I have a couple of ideas for small items for some fundraising for a few charities which are looking for crafty items for their Christmas Fayres so I might try them out to see if they are worth passing on for sale.  


Have a good week.

No comments: