Saturday 15 October 2016

Under The Needle

This has been a much more productive week for me all round.  Not only have I managed a bit of sewing I have managed to calm myself and don't feel quite as manic.  My mind is a bit calmer and I have tried to make time for myself as well as my family this week.  The results you will see below.  I am in the process of working on four, yes four UFO's.  Under the needle today have been Which Way and That Way.  I must admit I have made quite a bit of progress on these bright cheery quilts.  I like everything about them, the colours the patterns,  the stitching - they have just come together well and no hitches so far!


That Way - Half Square Triangles

Which Way - Flying Geese (very appropriate for the season)

Last night I put the final stitch in the binding of the scrap quilt I started in Canada.  This was fun stitching all the little 2.5 inch squares and remembering all the projects I have made using the fabrics, you may even recognise some of them too.  I bought the trellis fabric for the background in Sugar Pine from their sale room. The border was from my stash and I have had it a long long time. I knew I wanted to put the blocks on point but my head was not allowing me to work it all out and I wasn't quite sure how to go about it until I remembered the exploding block!  yep success although of course I forgot that you lose the points don't you.  Ahh well not to worry, this is another charity quilt and while I do like try to perfect my points (don't we all) I am sure this little quilt will keep someone cosy throughout the winter.



I am a very contented and happy quilter tonight - I am up to date again with my blog posts, the Gallery Page is about to be updated and I'm looking forward to finishing off Which Way and That Way over the next week.  I believe today was 'Sew Saturday' with events going on all over the country, however I enjoyed my Sew Saturday in my sewing room stitching away merrily on my own and I achieved lots.  I hope you all had a good day!

No comments: