Sunday 9 April 2017

From the Box Under the Table

I dipped into that box again - you know, the one with all the scraps and came out with eight Jelly Roll Strips left over from the 'Seaside' Connecting Threads quilt aka Steps and Stairs. (the photo is in the Gallery page).  I cut them in two and stitched them all together making a nice ladder quilt which I bordered with a neutral grey with a bright yellow spot.  A speedy small quilt which was intended to become a little ones charity quilt.  



Borders on, it was then loaded on to the frame and free motion quilted, here it is almost all ready to go


.......and part of the way through when my bobbin ran out.


I only broke my thread once, and that was when my bobbin thread ran out.  Some of my shapes have sharp edges, some overlap, there was slight stretching, but I can remedy that next time.  All in all I think we have a success and I do think it is pass, but I could do better.  Its a start and it is all about gaining confidence and learning new shapes and skills.  Slowly slowly I am determined to get there this time.  I have even ordered some different colours of threads in anticipation.  This is one thing I haven't worked out yet - how much thread does it take to quilt a quilt.  I think its anyones guess just like How long is a piece of string?



Here we are all trimmed and ready to go and choose a binding.........What colour will it be?

1 comment:

Karen said...

Looking good Aud. Kx