Friday 16 June 2017

Ahead of the Game

Just at this moment I am ahead of myself, for once.  My house is reasonably tidy the laundry is all up to date, and I have had time this week for some sewing.  I have made further headway with returning my dining room into just that and have moved my computer and printer etc upstairs to join all my other quilting equipment.  All in preparation for the decorator and the new carpet arriving next month.  

I have had a little reprieve and time to breathe with regards to the baby quilts and I may actually do something completely different not involving children's fabrics this weekend.  I will probably spend too much time pondering I won't actually achieve much, we will see.

Zachary's quilt is finished although he hasn't received it yet.  Corner of 5th and Fun is waiting for a photo before being parcelled up and sent off.  I hope he enjoys playing with it for years to come.  You  always wonder if your quilts are used, and I recently heard that one such quilt gifted to Evie four years ago has been well used, played with often and has washed well and now is the floor covering for her teepee tent!  It gives me a huge amount of pleasure knowing that the fun I had making these little gifts are treasured and give others pleasure too.

Corner of 5th and Fun for Zachary


Two more babies are due to arrive this week and I am pleased to say I am ahead of schedule and there are 3 completed quilts and one just to have the binding attached all ready for the new arrivals, whatever sex they may be!  I will give you a sneak peek but of course not of the finished articles.







I have updated my Gallery photos this week too so if you have a minute go have a look.  The photos have mainly been taken indoors as the weather recently has been a bit wet and windy for nice outdoor shots.

Enjoy the weekend ahead and perhaps like me you will embark on a new project.










No comments: