Sunday 4 June 2017

Lots of Little Ones

Two more little ones have arrived safely last weekend, both boys, Harry and Zachary.  Their quilts are well on their way to completion in fact Harry's will be wrapped up shortly ready for delivery tomorrow.  I will let you see the completed quilt next time, I haven't taken the photo yet.  I need some fabric for the binding for Zachary's so by this time next week It will be complete.  I haven't been idle though another one involving hourglass blocks is on the cutting table!  The half square triangle Darling Little Dickens quilt is awaiting the arrival of a little girl so watch this space.



Its been a lovely few days and some of our time has been spent in the garden enjoying the sunshine.  There are a lot of little ones in our garden too.  We have been watching blackbirds who have been nesting in the ivy on our wall, they have now flown the nest and are enjoying foraging in the garden and making lots of noise.  Unfortunately a little one got stuck in our gate and Grumpa had to come to the rescue.





I am delighted to report the rescue was a success and the youngster was seen later being fed by its Mum!  The second rescue of the weekend was a little coaltit fledgeling who managed to get in to our bathroom.  I rescued this one and it flew off into the trees so seemed to be fully fledged, and managing on its own.



Never a dull moment in our house!

The Kaleidoscope quilt is well and truly finished and I am delighted with the challenges it gave me, there is certainly room for improvement but I think it will be appreciated by someone somewhere.




This week I will be continuing with the baby quilts. I think I will try and get time to load another quilt on to the frame for some more practise.  I hope you all have a lovely week and enjoying whatever you are doing.

No comments: