Friday 6 October 2017

Crystal Star

I am delighted to report that Crystal Star is finished and I am delighted with it.  It has been a long process, not so much the actual making the quilt but the time it has taken from purchase of the kit way back in 2013 to the final photo today.  Sometimes things get in the way, something you really want to do but don't have the skill, knowledge and sometimes the inclination just to get it done!  Then when you actually make the decision to start, everything goes ok and the end result is something quite stunning and very much more than you expected.  I overcame many hurdles along the way with this one both mentally and in ability.  I pushed dark negative thoughts aside and travelled along a path which led to new techniques being mastered, extra care being taken for accuracy in cutting and stitching and I have come out the other side and now the owner of a very striking quilt which will hopefully be with me a very long time. I have no intentions in parting with this one.  At the moment I have no idea what I am going to do with it, where I am going to put it or when I will actually use it but when all is said and done - it is Finished and I am happy with it!




I have also made a really good effort to push on with the Farmers Wifey Quilt which as you all know has been a WIP for a very long time too.  The fabric for the setting triangles arrived and have been cut and are now sewn in place.  I decided to leave one of the strips out of the front of the quilt as it was like Topsy, growing and growing and was going to end up so big!  I stopped when it reached 60 x 60 inches and I still have to put a border and binding on it.  I will put the strip on the back as extra interest.  I have ordered extra wide backing for this one and hopefully it will arrive next week, then I will be on the home stretch for another finish. 




My baskets are gradually emptying, but I have plenty of new ideas waiting in the sidelines.  I have added a few more creatures to the Awesome Ocean project 




and Techie's new quilt is coming along nicely too.  


A good week of sewing when all is said and done,  I hope you have had a good week too.

No comments: