Sunday 24 September 2017

Imagination

This has been an exciting week, no sewing, no knitting, no chores, but I am exhausted!  but in a very nice way.  We spent this week looking after our little Grandson who is an absolute charmer, I know, thats what every grandparent says about their offsprings little ones.  What adventures we had, we visited the Sea Life Centre which was fun although the turtle which S particularly wanted to see had gone on its holidays, we did however see the sharks, and rays being fed and watched the antics of the otters.   Some time was spent in the playpark where he burned up some of his never ending supply of energy.  He was so tired he fell asleep on the way home.

Catching Fish
Planting Bulbs
Digging up the lawn - oops!
Taking water to water the plants

One of my quilting friends commented when I said I was going to be entertained by my Grandson for a week thought that it should be the other way around and I would be entertaining him.  Well apart from  story time, meal times and bedtime I was well and truly entertained.  He has a very vivid imagination and can turn a piece of pipe into a fishing rod, a pair of rubber gloves into flippers for going diving, and on numerous occasions called out the coastguard and fire engine on his walkie talkie to rescue someone in difficulty - all helped of course by Fireman Sam.

So many questions had to be answered, jigsaws made up and stories read and woe betide me if I got the words wrong.  'Silly Grannie"!!

This will be a quieter week ahead, but I am already missing his little voice saying Grannie what are you doing?

I hope I will be able to continue with Techie's quilt, which can be seen over on Instagram, the fabric arrived for the setting triangles of the Farmers Wifey quilt so I can do some of the cutting for that too.

I am off to bed now to try to recharge my batteries.  Have a good week and enjoy whats left of the long weekend.

No comments: