Monday 12 February 2018

Some Finishes this Week

I've been continuing the tidying and sorting and finishing off some WIPs.  Storm at Sea was a fun project and I am happy with the finished mini quilt.  I think next time I might be a bit more adventurous and make bigger blocks thus making a bigger quilt.  I love the colours and the illusions in the pattern can you spot the Diamonds, Hearts and Stars.  I may also have to rethink my dislike for batiks.  The colours in this blended really well.  Jury is out.


Storm at Sea Mini quilt 36" x36"

Next to be finished off are my two big Walk and Stop Quilts.  Again a Connecting Thread Kit.  These kits are always very generous and while the kit had the fabric for the black background, I very quickly realised I would have plenty of the coloured FQs to make a second one.  So I decided to use a grey CT Chambray fabric which I hope you agree looks striking too.



The are very similar but not exactly the same.  I free motion quilted them on my frame with a water wave effect.  Still lots of room for improvement, and more freemotion practice is definitely required.


The scraps in my baskets were offered to followers on a Facebook site Helping Hands - stitching and sewing for good causes.  Eight different requests were received, for Dementia Fiddle Quilts, Girl Guide badge work, Linus quilts etc.  I  now have empty baskets on my shelves and feel good that I have been able to help others with their scrappy quilts...........I was so fed up seeing some of those scraps!  So I am now starting afresh and will repeat the share around again next year.

Scraps - a handful in each envelope


and they are ready for posting


 .............and as you can see there is already a start for the blue scrap basket on the cutting table.

Now I need to go and prepare for our class tomorrow night.  Circle of Geese in the making.  K made up little packs with our instructions and background fabrics, which we received last week.  Tomorrow we are going to make a start and make these Geese fly!  I had a little trouble choosing my fabrics, I got a little confused by rainbows and colour wheels.  This is my final selection



I am looking forward to trying this block.  I will update you when its done.  Hope you all have a good week, till next time.

No comments: