Saturday 3 February 2018

Stormy

Its been a stormy week in more ways than one.  We have had snow, wind and rain and even a blue sky day.

My stormy quilt is progressing and is now ready for the borders.  It took me a long time to take out all the papers but I hope you will agree it is quite nice.  Batiks are not my favourite fabrics to work with but are ideal for foundation piecing as there is no right or wrong side to the fabric and saves you thinking which way up does this go.  To be honest I wish these blocks had been a bit bigger the quilt will be quite small at 36 x 36 inches by the time I put the borders on.  Its looking good though.









At this time of year I usually sort out my scraps.  Once again they have accumulated and my 6 baskets are almost full.  I will never use them all so I intend passing them on to anyone who is sewing for charity and have posted them on the Helping Hands Quilting and Stitching Group on Facebook.  (Its ok C I have saved you some!)




More rainbows to follow after the storm,  our Group will be making a charity quilt using the foundation pieced circle of geese pattern and we are using rainbow/colourwheel fabrics on a white and grey background.  I am looking forward to this and have been pulling fabrics from my stash.  I need to rethink my selection though as i have gone for more rainbow than the colour wheel colours.  I think I need some pinky purples in the mix.  Thats my task for later today. 



I have another busy week ahead so perhaps not a lot of sewing will get done, but I live in hope.  Have a good week.













No comments: