Wednesday 14 March 2018

Spring Break

We have had a somewhat disappointing break this year unfortunately.  We both picked up a rather nasty viral respiratory/chest bug on the flight which knocked us for six, left us with hacking coughs and sapped our energy.  We spent our first couple of weeks almost confined to quarters and I have had no voice for well over 10 days now, hopefully it will return soon because I am getting somewhat frustrated.  I guess when we return tomorrow to the damp, dreich Scottish climate it may well return too ..........fingers crossed.

So because I was feeling so rough I have not had my usual trips and outings to the local quilt shops. It’s a sad day! However my pennies have been saved for the time being.  Being ill I had plenty time to read and browse the internet and I have saved a number of patterns which I’ve come across during my trawling, so lots of ideas for new projects when I get home.

This last week we have managed a few lovely afternoons enjoying the clear blue skies and sunshine, and in the evenings I did manage some sewing.  I started this project last time I was here and have made some progress.  I’m bringing it home to finish it off, sandwich  and quilt.  Sorry can’t post the photo here but you will find it by looking on the Instagram tab at the top of the page.

See you on the other side next week.  

No comments: