Friday 30 March 2018

New Beginnings

Happy Easter everyone, I hope you all have a lovely weekend with friends and family and if you are on your own I hope you manage a little stitching and perhaps internet browsing.


Im not sure if you have seen this one before and if you have its been a while.  I was using up some leftover fabrics from one of the baby quilts made last year.  It is bright and fresh and I loaded it on to my frame to FMQ squiggles.  I looks a bit odd in this photo - for some reason the quilting is standing out - it is not so noticeable in real life.  It does have a bit of an Easter theme, bunnies, lambs and little ducklings in the border.  One to add to the Linus bundle!



This was the selection of fabrics I was using while on holiday, yes more Connecting Threads.  I am not normally into small florals but I think it was probably the overall effect and the rainbow of bright colours which attracted me to this one.



It is very difficult for quilters to do 'random' but I think I managed it reasonably well.  Don't look too closely though.



So this is yet another top finished and folded up waiting to be sandwiched and quilted, but before that can actually happen I need to get backing fabric - more decisions what colour should it be?  Hopefully you will find out soon because I really am trying to finish all my WIPs.

So the new beginning this week?  I am moving on from the rainbow modern for this one and going more muted traditional.


Red is not a colour which normally features in my quilts and guess what  - there is no green in sight for this one!  Watch this space and follow its progress on Instagram on the tab above.

I feel my quilting is a bit stale at the moment and I think I am really needing to push the boundaries a bit and try something different but I am not sure what that is at the moment.  Hopefully when I am back to my regular routine and feeling 100% something might inspire me to try something new.

Enjoy your weekend and try not to eat too much chocolate!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Nice. Is that the same pattern you’re using for the reds? And if you need a buddy to go shopping with......... Kx