Saturday 5 May 2018

Taking Stock

Sometimes you just have to call a halt and take stock.  I have been working on my UFO's and WIP's for some time now and have managed quite a few finishes recently.  This week I quilted a little quilt which I started a while back.  Again the top was done but it lay on the shelf needing some TLC and a backing.  Its good when an idea inspires you to pick up an unfinished top.  I did enjoy piecing this one but until this week I hadn't a clue as to how I was going to finish it.  I sandwiched it using a Connecting Threads backing in grey cobblestones and quilted it with Glide thread in a vibrant yellow, strangely its called Cornflower - and I thought cornflowers were blue!  Well here it is - all finished and back on the shelf meantime until its needed.




The Plus quilt has been completed too - again done on the Grace frame with a vibrant lime green fleece and quilted with Glide Key Lime thread.  Its lovely even although I am saying it myself!





........ and finally the red angry quilt top is off the design wall, the borders are on but it's folded up and put away for a bit.  I am liking all these nice bright spring colours I've been working with so I'm putting this one away until the Autumn when I might just have a better idea of how to quilt it and perhaps by then I will have found a nice backing too. 



So what next?  I do need to take stock.  I have a few partial projects in baskets, not so many tops still needing quilted but I have got lots of stash needing used up.  We have a summer challenge at class I need to think about and the theme is 'Modern' so that is open to all sorts of interpretation. We have now completed our BOM which we have been completing each month for the last 9 months.  My blocks now need to be arranged and put together so that the completed quilt will be ready for Show and Tell in September.  I also have a few ideas buzzing around in my head for other projects so I really should write them down before I forget what they are, and why I have bought that particular fabric.

If I am going to do some stock taking I had better shut down the computer, iPad and phone and get on with it hadn't I.........procrastination, where should I start!

Enjoy the Holiday weekend - I hope the sun shines as predicted and you get to sit out in your garden and do some stitching in the sun.  Who knows the BBQ might even get its first outing of the summer.  Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

It’s not an angry quilt! It’s gorgeous. Love your squiggly quilting on your other finish this week.