Sunday 29 July 2018

What Do You Do on a Wet Day?

Our weather seems to have broken for now and our really good spell of hot sunny weather has disappeared - for now.  I am not complaining, the garden really did need some water to keep the plants blooming for a bit longer.  As I am typing this the rain is rattling on the skylight window and it appears it couldn't come down any faster.  I do feel sorry for those hoping for a dry weekend to take part in outdoor activities.  Techie got wet on the Golf course this morning, but hopefully he had his waterproofs on!

Well what have you been doing today?  I have been tidying the sewing room and hoovering up all the stray threads.  I was quilting on the frame last night which was fun but always produces loads of snippings.  Photos are on instagram on the tab at the top of the page.

I have also had a chance to update my record book, print some photos of my completed quilts and update my computer files and photos.

After lunch my dear hubby brought me some rhubarb from the garden, I had asked for this a couple of days ago but was not really expecting it today.  A large crop to be made into Rhubarb and Ginger Jam.  I always enjoy making jam, its a bit like quilting there is something therapeutic making something for the store cupboard for the winter.

So to the finishes you haven't seen on the blog so far.  You will remember the Flow Charm Pack, the first quilt was completed using half of the HSTs and this is the other one.  They are both the same size and would be ideal for twins I suppose.  I am thinking of donating these to Siblings Together - but I will need to look into this charity further to see if they are suitable for their children in care.




and here they are both together measuring 40" x 50" each

Falling Pinwheels
Fractured Squares
                              

Another busy week ahead so I will leave now and go and serve up dinner, have a good week everyone.

No comments: