Thursday 9 August 2018

Satisfaction

There is something quite satisfying when you manage to clear the decks before starting a new project.  Threads all hoovered up from the carpet, scraps sorted and put in the scrap bin, scissors, cutters, threads etc all in there proper storage space and last but not least your machine all cleaned of fluff and a new needle in place.


A sewing space never stays tidy for long and before you know it fabrics will be scattered everywhere, blocks hung on the design wall and threads strewn on the floor - but oh what a happy place to work!

My new project is from the Modern Triangle Quilt Book by Rebecca Ryan 



and I will be using some really funky fabrics which I bought when K and I had a road trip to Jedburgh a couple of months ago to visit Stitchin @ No 1.




So featured on the design wall this week



These are fun blocks to make and just totally different from making squares.

So the finish for this week is Bee-Charmed, have I mentioned this one before?  Half a charm pack of black and white fabrics lurking in a basket, combined with a bright sunny yellow spot produced this 40 x 40 lap quilt.  Its bright and cheery and quick and easy to put together.  I quilted it on the frame using another of my glide threads a nice buttery yellow.  I think it looks a bit like a bumblebee although it has flowers and butterflies in the border and not a bee in sight.
                                                                                                         





I have had very little sewing time since my last post but at least I have a finish and a new start to show you.  Happy Stitching!

No comments: