Thursday 24 January 2019

Is Blogging Disappearing

Sadly I think it may well be!  I know I am probably as guilty as the next blogger at forgetting to post but I am finding it increasingly more difficult to write a post with any substance.  In order to post I now have to stop what I'm doing and switch on my PC.  When I started this blog over 5 years ago, my PC was on every day and it took no time to upload a photo and give you all an update of what was going on in my quilty world.  Now with the use of smartphones and tablets my computer is only switched on occasionally.

Sadly my weekly or sometimes twice weekly posts have more recently become monthly and the last one was way back in November.  I am not going to apologise and give empty promises I know I won't be able to keep about blogging more regularly.  All I can say is I will blog if and when I can.  

With the use of mobile devices it has become easier use Social media, Facebook and Instagram have become more popular and instantaneous.  For example I posted on Instagram earlier - it took all of 3 minutes to take a photo on my phone, add a comment and post it.  I know instantly it's there and within a very short time know if it's been seen by my Followers.  I know how many people are following me, how many groups I follow and how many posts I have uploaded.  With Blogger I have absolutely no idea whether anyone is actually reading what I am spending half an hour typing and uploading photos.  Facebook is very similar, your post can be liked, you know if anyone has seen it and you may actually get some comments or answers if you ask a question.  So it is no surprise really that I  and many other quilting bloggers have gone over to the dark side.  Technology still challenges me but I hope I am moving along with the times and keeping up with the younger generation, for now  at least

I have not managed a lot of sewing during the Christmas period until now, family challenges, viral infection and apathy have got to me.  I hope now I am feeling a bit better, the days are getting a bit longer and I am hopefully managing my time better I will get some sewing done.  Please check out my page on Instagram where you are more likely to see my up to date makes.  Tab at the top of the page will direct you there.

I had a very exciting delivery just before Christmas - my new Continuum Frame and Qnique 15R arrived.   I managed to build the frame and set it all up by myself - I didn't even need Techie's help this time!  I now have it all up and running although haven't had as much time to play as I had hoped but I am beginning to get to grips with it, and looking forward to many happy hours quilting and learning this new art.




Below was my first Quilt pieced and finished in 2019 using leftover fabrics from my stash.  Once again this year I hope to use most of what I have sitting on my shelves and buy very little! HMMMM we will see about that.


I will try and update my Gallery this week, suffice to say that's  long overdue and I will summarise where all the quilts made in 2018 were sent.  Until next time, enjoy your sewing when you can find the time. 

No comments: