Saturday 27 July 2013

In The Garden Again

The garden is where we should all have been this week, sitting in it enjoying the sun of course - not working - and avoiding the thunderstorms.  I managed to find plants to colour co-ordinate with most of my blocks so far however the black block was a bit of a challenge.....the only thing in our garden that's black is the compost bin!  Fortunately it has a lovely fragrant honeysuckle growing over and around it.


The Compost Bin - this one is full
 


The Purple Hanging Basket


Enough about quilting and gardens.  The real reason for this blog is of course the fundraising I hope to do for Marie Curie Cancer Care.  I spoke to a very helpful gentleman who is based at the hospice in Glasgow and takes care of the fundraising for the Glasgow and Lanarkshire area.  He has given me some ideas of how my quilting projects could be used to help fund more nurses to care for terminally ill patients who wish to stay at home.  I am keen for some of the money I raise to be used to help cancer sufferers in our own area and this seems to be possible.  

Social media sites and 'just giving' appear to be the way to go, however I will of course be guided by my techies and advisors on this and will let you know how I progress.  
 
That's all for now folks I am off to put some yummy icing on a newly baked lemon sponge.






 

No comments: