Saturday 3 August 2013

Coming Along Nicely......

....sorry no photos this week.  I have been progressing though and I am pleased with how it is all coming together.  I also have been working on another project too so I have not been idle.  My quilty friends will however be a bit disappointed with me.  We have a quilt pattern within the group which is always the old favourite standby for the 'new baby' it's way too easy for most of our members and I have been trying to persuade our ladies to 'think outside their particular box'.......so I have banned it this session.   New patterns must be tried out and tested for the future.  However I thought I would just sneak this one in before the start of the new term.  It's not even for a new baby - it just suits the colours and hopefully the gentleman I am making it for will be happy with it.  I will post a picture when its finished and after he has received it.

The ladies of our group have asked about trying a block of the month quilt (BOM).  Well that's what is rumbling about in my head this afternoon.  Off to jot down the ideas before committing myself once again.  It seems possible but like everything new it will take a few hours of preparation, planning, trials and no doubt errors too.  Enjoy the rest of the weekend while the sun is still shining.  Happy quilting!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tuts tuts. Shame on you for trying to sneek that one through the net! Kx