Sunday 1 February 2015

February Already

Where did January go?  The month has flown and here we are into February already, the wintery weather is still with us and some of the pavements are treacherous but it was bright and clear yesterday and again this morning.  I think I even see some snowdrops peeking through the snow. 

An outing to the quilt shop was planned, I did say I was going to buy some new fabrics.  My 11year old nephew is due a new quilt.  He treasures the one I made for him years ago and he has played with the roadways and construction site quilt for hours on end.  Apparently it still has pride of place each night at the bottom of his bed.  He is an avid fan of Transformers and I managed to acquire some fabric with Bumblebee and Optimus Prime and some of the other characters,  names unknown to me!  The background of this fabric is black and grey but I hope to brighten it all up with red yellow and blue solids.  As always watch this space.



The little Rays of sunshine are coming along nicely I have completed another one and already have another few 'blades' cut up ready to sew together.  I can manage to sew a 'sun' in an evening after dinner if my mind is made up and set to it.  



I have been knitting this week too - I so enjoy spending an evening just knitting especially with nice fine 4 ply wool.



This week is our Show and Tell at class and I will be really struggling to find something to show and tell this month - no completed projects, just lots of pieces in progress.  I haven't even done any of my appliqué this week for block 5 the 'big one' there is a lot of little pieces in this one. I've decided I'm going to do this one over two months. 

Another 4 quilts were delivered to Project Linus this week.  I met a few ladies of the ladies who meet once a month in Hamilton, their sole aim is to produce quilts and blankets, and to sew on labels of donated quilts to be distributed to hospitals, and children in need of a hug.  More quilts are needed so if you are a quilter have a look in your stash and see if you could perhaps make a small child sized quilt from some of your scraps to be donated to your local group.

This week promises to be chilly again I plan to get 'Optimus Prime  and friends' fussy cut, finish my sunshine blocks ready to place on my background and start on my block 5 of the block of the month.  My fabrics on my shelves need a tidy up too - more than enough to be going on with this week perhaps a little to many things here to achieve but I'll try.  Keep cosy.

No comments: