Sunday 8 March 2015

It's Good To Be Stitching Again

......but my machine is not happy. She sounds rough and not quite right.  The atmosphere here is very dry and I think it's time for a clean, service and some care and attention.  I booked her in for a service at the local quilt shop and took her along to the visiting technician.  

Success! My sewing machine has had its little spa day.  Poor thing has been a bit tense, dehydrated and noisy.  The technician phoned to say a new part was  needed, I had no hesitation in saying go ahead, as my thoughts were confirmed about what was causing the unusual clunks.  I collected her Wednesday afternoon and after dinner I unpacked her, threaded her up and tentatively put my foot on the pedal.  Wow! What a huge improvement.  Lovely smooth pick up, and so quiet.  Even hubby commented.  Why had I not sent her off for some TLC before now. - well I know why - I've not been here when the technician was visiting.  The moral of this story is don't put off spending a little money on your sewing machine.  I know, I know, we can't always do without it, or we are in the middle of a project or we can always find excuses.  Yes I could have continued using my machine even if it was making noises, it was stitching just fine, but I am so pleased I took this opportunity to make things better.  $100 well spent!

The bunting quilt is making progress,



block 5 is coming along nicely too,  here are some of the wee pieces before they were stitched in place.


...........But as usual I'm deliberating/procrastinating.  I would really like to start cutting into my new bundle of fabrics.  Should I/shouldn't I. Hmmmm..........


Yes I did take the plunge.  It's so satisfying making the first cut in a new project especially with a nice new rotary blade in your cutter.  Watch this space to see the progress on this one.



Temperatures have risen over the last couple of days. Today has been much more like the temperatures at home if not a wee bit higher 10*c here today, clear skies and sunny.  Sorry folks back at home I believe you had a wet miserable day according to the family we left behind.  I hope you all have a good week ahead.

No comments: