Sunday 1 March 2015

Spring Break

March has arrived but has it come in like a Lion or a Lamb?  Our weather systems seem to be all topsy turvy of late but it has been nice to see the spring snowdrops and crocuses pushing up through the bare soil.  

As I write this from the other side of the Atlantic there are no spring bulbs here - far too cold yet.  It was -12*C early yesterday morning here in the Rockies and tomorrow there is some snow forecast with temperatures predicted to be -15*C at times.  The bonus is though that we are seeing clear blue skies unlike at home.  Jet lag is lingering and we are always awake very early and retire to bed at what seems a child's bedtime.  Hopefully we will get into the Albertan time line soon.

It's good to be back and I am looking forward to some rest and relaxation.  I am planning to do a lot more sewing than I have been doing recently.  I have brought my Night Before Christmas pattern in the hope that I will enjoy some hand stitching while sitting looking at the mountains with the sun steaming through the den window.  

I placed an online order for fabrics a few weeks ago and this lovely little bundle was waiting for me from Connecting Threads - it's just such a pity they don't ship internationally.  


The feather fabric is 104" wide and I intend using it for a backing but it's so nice I may need to use it on the front too.  I had chosen a pattern from one of my new books but silly me forgot to pack it!  However I have found another pattern here and I'm looking forward to getting my sewing table set up and ready to go. I will change my rotary cutter blade, change my sewing machine needle and I'll be ready to get started.

I hope you all have a good week and manage to sew a few stitches.

  

No comments: