Friday 29 January 2016

What's On The Design Wall This Week?

It's blue and white, made from some of my smaller pieces from my stash, now pieced as 11in blocks which started as pinwheels and chopped up to produce the disappearing pinwheel block found on the Missouri Star Quilt Co site.  You may have seen this block already as I did a tutorial evening at our Group, its a very versatile block and depending how you place each piece will produce a completely different block - go check it out.  I am pleased with the results so far and best of all I have used up and finished some of my pieces from my stash. Yippee!



Choosing a different project each time I sit down to sew is certainly working for me, well it has these last two weeks.  I am also trying to limit my time on the Internet and my iPad - only picking it up when I stop for a quick cuppa through the day.  I seem to have achieved a bit more this week.  Not just with my sewing but with the housework too.  

The little baby quilt is almost complete. I've only to handstitch the binding and put the label on then it can be posted off to the little one who is now two months old - oops.  I hope she will enjoy playing on the quilt and as she gets older may enjoy a picnic on it too.  I enjoyed working with this fabric - Dashwood September Blues, coral pink Flurries and a Kona solid duck egg blue.  The pattern is a photo I saved from a magazine and reproduced on EQ7.



I have marked more of the spiral triangles on the Toes in the Sand quilt and I got a couple more stitched.  The Autumn Improv Pods have now been sewn together and look quite good.  Here's a sneak preview


Storm Gertrude is still howling outside, she has caused all sorts of chaos, damaging buildings, felling trees and overturning vehicles throughout Scotland.  It's been a blustery day and it looks to be another wild day tomorrow with lots of snow forecast over most of the country.  I think it would be wise for everyone to stay indoors and do some sewing and quilting............there's no point in going out when there's sewing to be done!  Next week I will show you my completed baby quilt and the progress on all the others.  Keep cozy and safe in this wild weather and only venture out if you really need to.




No comments: