Saturday 14 May 2016

Monkeying Around

Since coming back from our week holidaying in the sunshine we have been lucky enough to have lots of sunny days here at home.  The garden has burst into colour and all our lovely acers are showing lots of new growth.  I have even managed a few snatched moments sitting in the garden and have enjoyed the warmth.

We had a little visitor today with his Mummy and Daddy, our little grandson is coming along in leaps and bounds. I can't believe he is 17 months old today he is finding his words and is beginning to mimic everything we say.  He makes me smile at his antics and brings back lots of happy memories when our own two boys were at this stage in their development - what a joy!

Two quilts have been completed this week. Galaxy Party, the Connecting Threads Kit which was on sale.  It is very bright and quite busy, however I know it will make someone happy and cosy.  

Galaxy Party - it even glows in the dark!



The New Wave quilt is a little calmer and was great fun to do too. 

New Wave Quilt - pattern Eliz Hartman

As the title says I'm monkeying around now!  Yet another bargain quilt kit from the aforementioned Connecting Threads. A slightly different technique for me but we will see how it progresses.  Once again there seems to be lots of leftover fabrics so I feel a scrappy quilt will be produced from the offcuts.





On the Design Wall

I hope you have all had a lovely week and have been able to enjoy the sunshine hopefully it will continue, but I hear there is frost forecast for tonight.  Oh Oh!  Cover up those tender plants.


1 comment:

margaret said...

time flies my granddaugher was 18 in april and seems no time ago since she was born. Liking the quilt and the flying geese too, does it not work out very pricey buying from USA people say the duty etc they add on is costly s avoid looking at all the wonderful offers they seem to have Mind you I do not need anymore fabric!