Sunday 29 January 2017

A Few Missing Pieces

I have realised due to my inconsistence in writing these posts I have missed some important photos of some of the projects I've been working on recently.  I miss the ability to pick up my iPad and jot down a few words to keep you all informed.  So here are a few photos I don't think you have seen

Some of the gifts we donated to PHEW for their Christmas Fair

The Finished Christmas Stocking

Christmas 2016 Stitchery

The Finished Icelandic Jumper and hat to match


Each year our little quilting group has a Christmas night out where we always enjoy a lovely meal with good food and good friends.  We always have a Secret Santa, each putting in a gift to be chosen at random by each of our members.  Sometimes there is a theme, sometimes we have to make something from a specific fabric this year it was really easy.  I set the theme - the gift had to be something sewing related and had to be wrapped in paper and embellished.  The Gifts were well thought out and were all well received by their recipients.  The embellishment on the parcel had to be made with one 2.5in WOF strip of fabric.  This was not allowed to be cut up as I wanted to use all these pieces in a tutorial in January.  I wish I had taken some photographs - there were some stunning creations.   On the night I  handed each member a list of instructions in an envelope which also included another strip of  white fabric.  The instructions had to be carried out and the resulting strips had to be brought along last week to class.  This is the quilt top we produced on the evening, we had great fun stitching the strips together with lots of discussions whether we should piece randomly or not.  It really didn't matter as they all got mixed up anyway!  I will post a better photo when we trim it all up. We will all take part in making it as a class.  We will sandwich, quilt and bind it and over the months  and it will be transformed into another of our Charity Quilts.




The 'box under the table' is now only half full or is it half empty.  I cheated a bit and have removed the Christmas Fabrics and they are now stored elsewhere (more on that another time)  I have also removed some of the blue baby fabrics as I need to get started on the baby quilts.





My final photo tonight is the Steps and Stairs as I have called it as it certainly does not look like the Seaside Quilt as the pattern suggests.  This is my first finish of 2017




Until next time have a good week  

No comments: