Tuesday 3 January 2017

A Guid New Year

This is the first opportunity I have had to turn on my computer over the festive holiday, so I wish you all a very Happy New Year and I hope this year will bring with it lots of inspiration for new projects to work on throughout the next 12 months.

Slow sewing it has been for me over the past months, life gets in the way but it is always good to have a sewing project to turn to when things get tough.  I don't feel as though I have completed many quilts in 2016 but if you have a look on the gallery page I have in fact done not too badly.

I still have UFO's in my baskets, lots of projects in my head, loads of scraps accumulating again and a few quilts on the shelves waiting to be passed on to those who need them.  I had a trawl through my box, yep you know the one, under the table, too big for scraps and too small to be folded on to the magazine backs to sit on the shelves.  I have pulled a few pieces out to make little bags.

A few months ago my DL asked her crafty friends to help make some Beads of Courage drawstring bags for the said charity.  At the time I was busy attending to Dad and was unable to help but offered some fabrics and thread.  So for the last couple of nights I have been making these little bags to be passed on for the children to keep their beads in.  Six made so far, and making a hole in the fabric in that box!

Still to have the ribbons threaded through

The Pieces are Diminishing

Also in that box were the remains of one of the Connecting Threads kits Monkeying Around - I have already made two quilts so far from this kit and now well on my way to making a third, this is what I've done so far.  This pattern is taken from the book Scrap Basket Strips and Squares by Kim Brackett - a good selection of quilts to use up scraps, 2.5inch strips, charms or layer cakes.

Now to make the Blocks

I haven't been idle but I haven't really got into the full swing of enjoying my sewing projects.  Hopefully my mojo will return and I will be sewing like a dervish demented again soon.  Wishing you all well in 2017




2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm liking your QIP. Love the colours. I can't believe how much fabric Connecting Threads puts in their kits! Kx

Audrey Mackie said...

Yep great value and different fabrics. Does that mean you've had a look at your Secret Santa kit?