Saturday 21 January 2017

Progress Report

I have a very dusty house at the moment.  We are having some rooms redecorated which is way overdue but progress is being made.  As you will all probably know and have lots of experience of it, having more than one room done at any one time is bad enough, but having a few done one after the other is a logistical nightmare.  Techie's room is now finished and looking really bright, shiny and new - I have now to decide on curtains and how I am going to lay out the room again.  The hall and stairway is a work in progress this week but I am delighted how it is all coming together.  The dust though,  the dust.........it is everywhere! Even as I am typing this I can feel my fingers picking up the dust on my keyboard, ah well just another thing to do tomorrow.

Its been another busy week with Dad having a visit to the eye clinic.  Poor soul has had a blocked tear duct but is now on the mend the antibiotics are obviously working.  So sewing this week has been very sporadic, due to cleaning and extra visits.  However, I am pleased to say I have now completed three tops since the beginning of the year and I have made another space in that 'box under the table'  The Windmills are done, the Rail fence done and now here is Pick up sticks.


I have decided to continue with basic patterns to use up my small fabric pieces for the moment.  Then when life settles down I might be able to concentrate fully on the numerous new techniques and projects I really want to try this year.  This I think is also going to be the year of the baby quilts, already I know of 5 little ones who will arrive this spring early summer so will be in need of a playmat or quilt.  I need to get my thinking cap on for new ideas.

Have an enjoyable week folks - this week at class we will be doing some fun sewing - I will tell you all about it next time.


No comments: