Sunday 21 May 2017

Threads, Threads and more Threads

The Kaleidoscope quilt top came down off the design wall and was all stitched together this week.  I decided this was another quilt destined to be quilted on the frame.  




Lots of thoughts about the quilting but as you all know the more you think the harder is is to decide.  I had a plain black cotton backing (another bad choice) and I set to and cut the wadding I loaded it all up on the frame, chose the thread colour (gold) and ...............my mind just blanked!  Now at this stage I should of course have walked away and left it for another day but I didn't and needless to say the session was not successful nor did it have a happy ending.  Just look at all these threads on the floor.  




I spent more time unpicking last night than I did sewing what a disaster!
Never mind today is another day and I have just tried again and for the last hour or so this is what I have achieved.  Feeling much happier meantime.  This quilt may not be seen again when it is removed from the frame but it is a learning curve and we all need to practise our FMQ.


The Quilting is not that noticeable on the busy pattern of the kaleidoscopes but it certainly shows on the back!

The HST baby quilt is progressing  too and should be ready for hand stitching the binding later in the week all being well.

I hope you all have had a productive week and not had as much unpicking to do as I had.  I do not like using a seam ripper.

No comments: