Sunday 2 July 2017

........and Another Little Girl

Yes she was a little late too.  Ellen Isla arrived last weekend and her quilt is ready and waiting to be gifted.  I can't show you the girls quilts just yet but here are the boys quilts.

Finlay's


Harry's

Zachary's


That is the last of the baby quilts for the moment - I have some respite from baby fabrics for a few weeks the next arrival is due in September. 

So whats next?  Crystal Star is coming along nicely and I think I have put to rest my fear of foundation piecing.  I am thoroughly enjoying making ups these panels.  The fabrics are pleasant to work with, the instructions clear and although I have had a couple of oopsies and have had to do a bit of reverse sewing all in all its a fun process.  Here are a couple more of the panels.







The gradual transition upstairs is ongoing - I cant believe its taking me so long.  I think because there is no deadline yet I am just faffing.  My desktop has been cleared and filing trays and stationery moved.  The last bookshelf is almost empty and will be moved this week when Techie is around.

So lastly for now - do you remember this fabric.  Yes you have seen it before and once again I am using up leftovers.  This range of fabric was used for the Farmers Wife Blocks.......... eh no I have not completed them all, and I never will.  I am however happy to say the decision has been made and I have sewn the last of these blocks using up the layer cake of fabric.  Enough is enough.  I will eventually sew the blocks together but meantime they will remain in the basket.  

These squares however were given to me by K, leftovers from her Twister quilt she made from the same fabrics.  I decided there were too many to lie unused so here is what I've come up with




The leftover squares from K



On the design wall - just to see how they looked



All back down again to be trimmed up to size.  There is something quite enjoyable seeing all those trimmed sharp edges and all the little slivers being put in the bin.

So I have had a good weekend, achieved quite a lot both in the home and in my sewing.  I hope you have too.

No comments: