Sunday 19 August 2018

Maybe no Photos

I am back to writing blog posts from my tablet so this may or not work.  There may not be any photos either but you can follow the sewing progress by hitting the Instagram tab at the top of the home page.

We are on a short break which we are both in desperate need of.  It’s been a hectic time for us over the last few months so we hope to have some chill out time relaxing and enjoying the slower pace on the other side of the Atlantic in the Rockies.  

Sadly North America is suffering from lots of forrest fires as the smoke is drifting up to Alberta from British Columbia, causing all sorts of problems. The air quality which is normally clear and fresh giving us clear blue skies and sunny days is thick and hazy and yesterday the sun was shining through a grey veil turning it orange/red.  This may of course be a good colour combination for a quilt.

We have lots to do this time while we are here so I may not manage to get the sewing machine out this week.  Perhaps I might manage some knitting or hand sewing while I sit on the deck or the den with my coffee.   We may of course have to try and travel a bit further afield to find clearer sunny days where the smoke has not yet reached but that may be just too far to travel.

I hope you are all managing a bit of sewing and planning ahead for projects for the winter months ahead.   It won’t be long before the trees start to change their colours - I imagine that might be sooner than normal due to the dry summer we had this year.  Start planning now, clear your decks, sort your stash and choose a nice pattern which will stretch your quilting ability that wee bit further and give you a bit of a challenge this winter. I will post the progress I made with the Modern Triangles on instagram.  

Relax and enjoy - what ever you are doing.  



No comments: