Saturday 23 May 2015

Everything is on Hold...........

Sometimes an idea comes into your head and you just need to stop what you are doing and put everything else on hold.  This is what happened to me this week......  
 
Now you may remember when Kim of Biggar Stitches came along to our class a few weeks ago.  Most of us made a purchase or two.  One of the Jelly Rolls on offer was a Moda 'Best of Morris'.  


The hard bit -  Opening up the Roll
 
Kim had made up a small quilt as a sample which was lovely but not really my style, or so I thought at the time, but R decided to buy it and take it home.  Last week R brought it back all sewn together!!  I am sorry I cant show you her picture as I haven't asked her permission but she used this pattern 


 
from Two From One Jelly Roll quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.  



This is a lovely book which I have used a few times but has been sitting on my shelf for some time unopened.  As soon as I saw R's quilt I knew the book would be opened when I got home as this was one quilt I had to make.  Now often I make quilts with no recipient in mind, this one will be gifted.

Morris Blocks
 
An elderly uncle recently had a fall and is now recovering following a hip replacement operation and this quilt will be heading his way, hopefully quite soon, to keep him cosy while his mobility is not quite as it should be.

So sadly A's bunting quilt has not been sandwiched (I was really waiting for my new roll of Warm and Natural to be delivered!) I did have the opportunity to give S his little ball which he seemed to like and he sat playing with it for ages with his Grumpa.  The wee mousie on block 6 has been stitched in place - it will soon be June and next month's block will be due.

This week coming is a bit hectic here so I don't imagine I will be doing a lot of stitching. However I will try, I will be continuing making the Morris blocks above.

I hope you are all enjoying your long weekend and the sun is shining wherever you are.

No comments: