Saturday 31 May 2014

A Finish

I was full of good intentions as the week started but I am afraid lots of other things got in the way.  I really need some me time to sort my head out and catch up with my admin, sort out my computer, take some quilt photos and generally get myself back on track. I have managed a bit of hand stitching this week though, the binding of 'All Churned Up'.


I finished my hand stitching of the binding on this churned up 15 minutes of play quilt last night and I am really pleased with the result.  Although as you can see I decided to add a few more lines of quilting stitches.  The label is attached and so I have another quilt ready for Marie Curie Cancer Care fundraising.  One of the ladies who nursed Mum last year, has kept in touch with the family.  She is organising a few events herself over the next few months and will use some of my quilts either for fundraising, or at my request she may give them to someone she is caring for, to give a little layer of warmth and cosy comfort.  I know how much Mum liked hers.

Do you remember this?  If not have a look at my first post and here


Over the last year I have been sewing together some more scraps and have produced a Mark II version.  It is very similar but will not be the same.  This time this one I will part with and it will be sold for Marie Curie!  Here is a sneak preview.  

.
I hope to get it finished by the end of June the anniversary of Mum's death.  Any offers just drop me an email.

I have managed to organise some dates for the syllabus for class next session and we welcomed two novice quilters to class on Tuesday.  Quilting is such a fun pastime (when you have the time to do it). We are very lucky to have the facilities to allow us to meet regularly and discuss and share our talents with each other.  Our class can be busy and a bit noisy at times but we will need to try to be a bit more organised to accommodate everyone.

It's been a lovely day today and lovely to just sit in the garden for a while.  Have a good week.





1 comment:

margaret said...

two lovely quilts, did you base the 15 minutes of play on Victoria`s book, I love her book. Such a good cause, when I get good enough I want to make some quilts for Wheatfields Hospice which is a Sue Ryder hospice as my daughter is a nurse there.