Wednesday 4 June 2014

Wet, Damp and Dull

What an uninspiring title for a blog post - sorry I'm in need of some inspiration here.  

What a miserable wet day it has been here today.  Not what it should be in June - the garden looks thoroughly miserable and all the little new fledglings look somewhat bedraggled.  It has been raining all day and it is still drumming on the skylight window in the hall as I write this.

More hand stitching was done on the binding of Twister this week and I quickly pieced together a Linus top yesterday afternoon as a sample piece to show one of our novice quilters at class.  I had hoped I might manage to sandwich it together tonight but I ended up doing other things.

It's one of these evenings though which would have been ideal to sit in front of the television under a cosy quilt and stitch the rest of that binding but that didn't happen either.  Well tomorrow is another day, hopefully it won't be quite as wet as I have lots to do in the morning.

Hope your week is as busy as mine but you can manage to get more time than me to relax and do what you like to do, be it drinking coffee, gardening, stitchery, knitting or crafting of any kind.

1 comment:

margaret said...

think the miserable weather is meant to pick up today or tomorrow, at least the garden looks very green but all the weeds are growing at such a pace with the rain, never mind could be worse it could be winter