Sunday 4 May 2014

First Picnic of the Summer

 I certainly have high hopes for many more days like it over the next few months.  Friday was another lovely day and hubby and I decided that we should have a day out.  Lots of things are tying us to home territory at the moment but we had a window of opportunity to have a day out.  We are very near the 'The Borders' so we set off on our drive with a view to visiting a little further afield than our usual jaunt.  However we stopped in Peebles our favourite place for a short day trip and needless to say didn't get any further.  A pleasant time was spent viewing shops visiting the butchers, the bakers and not the candlestick makers but the shoe shop.  Good old retail therapy.

We had our picnic lunch on the top of the hill just outside the town overlooking the Manor Valley.  I couldn't resist a photo of the view.  A group of ramblers also stopped to admire the scene and have a rest having climbed from the path along edge of the river. 



We sat in the sunshine reading before heading back stopping for the delicious obligatory ice cream at Biggar.

Sewing has been a bit curtailed since Wednesday.  I managed only one Toes in the Sand block and one scrappy Churn Dash.  I don't think I will manage much the is week either as it looks to be shaping up to be a bit busy here.  Not to worry I might manage to sit with my feet up and knit - no concentration required for that.  

Have a good weekend. 

2 comments:

margaret said...

what a beautiful spot, I do not know Scotland, apart from working at the shows in Glasgow and Edinburgh have not visited much, I have a nephew who is now living in Juniper Bank which my brother says is a lovely spot.

Karen said...

What I want to know is did you climb that hill on foot ......or drive up? J and I walked it once. Well J walked, I crawled!!! Kx