Wednesday 30 April 2014

The Still of the Evening

I have just sat down at my cutting table and looked out into the garden.  This is the view I see each time I do some sewing.  The colours always pop at this time of night and as you can see the rhodedendrons and acers are just coming into their prime.  We have had a shower of rain today and everything looks so fresh and vibrant.  Wouldn't some of these colours look lovely in a quilt.



I have been tidying my lucky dip boxes this week.  These are boxes which hold my pieces of fabrics which are a little more than a scrap but less than half a metre.    Four or was it five boxes looking a jumble like this.

A bit of a mess - how could you find anything in this box


.................and ending up a bit neater like this


Not quite finished - they are not in proper colour value yet
 
Hopefully this will make me more inclined to use up some of these smaller pieces - then I can move on to my proper stash which maybe I will show you sometime in the future.

I am now about to sew two more 'Toes in the Sand' blocks tonight.

Till next time.



2 comments:

margaret said...

your garden looks beautiful what a delight to look out onto. So many lovely fabrics you have, you are spoilt for choice

Carla said...

Happy sewing! Beautiful view. May I suggest you add an e-mail address to your blogger profile? You come up as no reply when I try to reply to your comment : )