Wednesday 2 July 2014

Target Achieved

Piecing it all together was born a year ago, spurred on by my boys to get into the sewing frame of mind again after having looked after Mum during her illness.  I had lost all my enthusiasm for sewing and after she died I was in need of some sort of therapy to get over the loss.  Squaring the Circle was the quilt that got me really going with an aim and a purpose again to raise a little money for Marie Curie nurses.  Squaring the circle was supposed to be sold, raffled or given way to the charity.  Although not normally sentimental I found when it was finished I just could not part with it. You can read the original posts here and here if you haven't been following my journey.


Squaring the Circle
 

This is Piecing it all Together. The mark II quilt.  It's slightly larger, ie 12 inch squares instead of 9 and I have used some of the same fabrics.  The difference is the colour of the sashing and  border which is taupe not grey and the fleece on the back is cream.  There are no circles and squares just paths of lines of going every which way in the squares - not knowing quite which way to turn.  I will give this quilt to T next time I see her so she can make good use of it for the charity.  It's very windy today so can't manage a photo outside.

Piecing it all Together


Yesterday I am took my Mum's singer sewing machine to have a service and have the electric wiring checked out.  My niece has shown an interest in sewing and I think it is now time for her to have her Gran's machine.  It is sewing well and singing nicely but it needs a new lightbulb and the wiring checked before I feel it is safe to be passed on.

1 comment:

margaret said...

can understand that you could not part with the quilt but you have made another which is very nice too